Here at WM Compliance Solutions we don’t just work with private, farming and industrial clients – we also support Councils by providing Resource Consent Processing Services. Our team have specialist district and regional planning knowledge and accordingly we are able to provide resourcing to enable Councils to process consent applications within the required statutory timeframes.
To process applications, our Planning Consultants complete the following process
- Review how the application relates to the relevant Plan provisions,
- Assess whether the proposal is appropriate for its location,
- Review the environmental effects of the proposal and any proposed measures to reduce those effects,
- Determine whether there are affected parties (such as neighbours, adjoining landowners, Department of Conservation, utility providers, special interest groups, etc.) and mana whenua (local Māori), and if the consent application has their written approval for the project,
- Review if there are adverse environmental effects or any affected persons who have not provided written approval, and determine if the consent should be notified,
- Review whether any specialist input is required for any aspect of the consent (earthworks, ecology, land stability and suitability, water or air quality, flooding issues, heritage etc.),
- Review whether any specific conditions need to be attached to your consent, and if so, what they should be, and
- Draft a recommendation report for the respective Council.
This service from WM Compliance Solution’s portfolio has been in hot demand, particularly in regions where there is significant growth and development such as the Queenstowns Lakes area. Aside from ensuring Councils are delivering outcomes consistent with the Plan objectives, it also provides the benefit to WM Compliance Solutions staff of having an in-depth knowledge of the Plan rules and a balanced perspective of both private and public interests.